External visitors should e-mail email@example.com to arrange instrument time as far in advance as possible.
- In normal times: Please meet on the 3rd Monday of each month, 12.30-1pm in the DH Green room to discuss and confirm scheduled dates and make any adjustments.
During extended lockdown:
Monthly scheduling meetings and advance scheduling have been suspended. SHRIMP SI and SHRIMP RG remain accessible to approved analysts by direct arrangement with a minder. SHRIMP 2 is unavailable, pending repairs to a failed water chiller. During extended lockdown, the only minder permitted in the lab is Bin Fu. He can provide assistance or run samples on an external, commercial collaborative basis. Access and charge rate is approved by Penny King before SHRIMP time is allocated.
Please see the Schedule for finalised times. This will be updated, well before the end of the month.
This system aims to ensure more efficient use of SHRIMP time by minimising the number of changes to instrument configuration, especially on the SHRIMP SI. Please note the transitional arrangements for 2021 that are indicated on the request form.
Visit us at
- Jaeger 5 Building at Research School of Earth Sciences (google map).
- There is visitor parking off Liversidge Street across from the Crawford Building.
- E-mail for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative co-ordinator: Josephine Magro Tel: 02-6125-0594 (International: +61-2-6125-0594)
Research School of Earth Sciences
Building 142 Mills Rd
The Australian National University
Acton, ACT 2601
Sending samples to ANU
Please contact us before you send samples in the mail. Australian Quarantine will often inspect samples and these can be sent back to their origin if no one can verify the contents of the package.