I am a PhD student in the Experimental Petrology group. My research aims to investigate advanced melting, deformation, and extraction of liquids from very hot ancient mantle through experimental petrology. The main aim of my project is to conduct high P experiments to inform thermodynamics activity-composition models for mantle minerals and liquids at P-T-X conditions relevant to the Archean mantle.
Previously, during my master's degree, I focused on mantle metasomatism and refertilization caused by different melt compositions in the SCLM. However, during my honours I studied whole-rock geochemistry, mineral chemistry and structural data of felsic metavolcanic rocks from a fold and thrust belt to understand their origin and evolution.
Since 2023: PhD student in Experimental Petrology, RSES, The Australian National University, Australia.
2021 - 2022: MPhil in Geochemistry. Universidade de Brasília, Brazil.
2016 - 2020: Bsc in Geological Engineering. Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Brazil.
6. Braga, L.G., Jalowitzki, T., Gervasoni, F., Rodrigues, R.A.F., et al. Destruction of the lithosphere beneath the SW margin of the São Francisco Craton evidenced by refertilized and deformed mantle xenoliths. Journal of Petrology, in revision.
5. Jalowitzki, T., Silva, L.E.A., Gervasoni, F., Rodrigues, R.A.F., et al. Adakite metasomatism recorded by mantle xenoliths far from the Chile Trench. Lithos, in revision.
4. Rodrigues, R.A.F, Pertille, J., Gervasoni, F., Arab, P.B., et al. Tonian continental arc magmatism of the Porongos Complex, southern, Brazil. Geologia USP. Série científica. 23(3), 19-45. https://doi.org/10.11606/issn.2316-9095.v23-208078.
3. Rodrigues, R.A.F., Gervasoni, F., Jalowitzki, T., Bussweiler, Y., Berndt, J., et al. Mantle metasomatism and refertilization beneath the SW margin of the São Francisco Craton, Brazil. Lithos. 448-449, 107164. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lithos.2023.107164.
2. Gervasoni, F., Jalowitzki, T., Rocha, M.P., Weska, R.K., Novais-Rodrigues, E., Rodrigues, R.A.F., et al. (2022). Recycling process and proto-kimberlite melt metasomatism in the lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary beneath the Amazonian Craton recorded by garnet xenocrysts and mantle xenoliths from Carolina Kimberlite. Geoscience Frontiers. 13(5), 101429. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gsf.2022.101429.
1. Martins, M.L.J., Pertille, J., Rodrigues, R.A.F., et al. (2022). Detritral zircon U-Pb geochronology of the Maricá Group: sources areas and maximum depositional ages. Geociências. 41, 19-33. https://doi.org/10.5016/geociencias.v41i1.16286.
6. Rodrigues, R.A.F., Gervasoni, F., Jalowitzki, T., et al. (2021). Refertilized continental lithosphere beneath Catalão, Alto Paranaíba Igneous Province, evidenced by clinopyroxenes from metasomatized mantle peridotites. Goldschmidt 2021 - Lion, France. https://doi.org/10.7185/gold2021.7183.
5. Gervasoni, F., Jalowitzki, T., Rocha, M., Weska, R., Bussweiler, Y., Berndt, J., Klemme, S., Rodrigues, R.A.F., Souza, V., Dantas, E. (2021). Metasomatic events in the lithospheric mantle beneath Amazonian Craton recorded by Mica-rich xenoliths hosted by Carolina kimberlite, Rondônia, Brazil. XVIII Brazilian Congress of Geochemistry.
4. Rodrigues, R.A.F., Pertille, J., Gervasoni, F. (2021). Geochemistry of metavolcanic rocks from the Porongos Complex, central portion of the Dom Feliciano Belt, Southern Brazil: implications for a continental arc magmatism. 50 Brazilian Geology Congress.
3. Rodrigues, R.A.F., Pertille, J., Gervasoni, F. (2021). Petrography, mineral chemistry and geothermometry of metavolcanic rocks of the Southern Porongos Complex. 50 Brazilian Geology Congress.
2. Rodrigues, R.A.F., Pertille, J. (2019). Review of geology and geochemistry of the metavolcanic rocks from Passo da Cuia Region, Porongos Complex, Dom Feliciano Belt, Southern Brazil. XI South-Brazilian Geology Symposium.
1. Ronchi, L.H., Rodrigues, R.A.F. (2018). Deuteric alterations and fluid inclusions related to the magmatic-hydrothermal transition in Pitinga - AM, Brazil. 49 Brazilian Geology Congress.