Dr. Pengxiang Hu
- 2019.4-now: Scientific Officer, Research School of Earth Science, ANU, ACT, Australia
- 2018.4-2019.3: Joint Research Fellow, The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Japan
- 2015.10-2018.3: Postdoc Fellow, Research School of Earth Science, ANU, ACT, Australia
- 2009.9-2015.7: Ph.D. in Geodynamics, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People’s Republic of China
- 2005.9-2009.7: B.Sc. in Geography and BA in English, East China Normal University, Shanghai, People’s Republic of China
- Environmental magnetism with applications in: climate change and soil science.
- Developing and applying new techniques in rock magnetism study.
- Geomagnetic field behaviour of marine sediments.
My google scholar page is here: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?hl=en&user=hKbQ-9QAAAAJ&view_op=...
25. Hu, P.X., Oda, H., Zhao, X., Harrison, R.J., Heslop, D., Sato, T., Muxworthy, A. R., Roberts, A.P. (2020), Assessment of magnetic techniques for understanding complex mixtures of magnetite and hematite: the Inuyama red chert, Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, accepted.
24. Roberts, A. P., X. Zhao, D. Heslop, A. Abrajevitch, Y.-H. Chen, P. Hu, Z. Jiang, Q. Liu, and B. J. Pillans (2020), Hematite (α-Fe2O3) quantification in sedimentary magnetism: limitations of existing proxies and ways forward, Geoscience Letters, 7(1), 8, doi:10.1186/s40562-020-00157-5.
23. Qian, Y., A. P. Roberts, Y. Liu, P. Hu, X. Zhao, D. Heslop, K. M. Grant, E. J. Rohling, R. Hennekam, and J. Li (2020), Assessment and Integration of Bulk and Component-Specific Methods for Identifying Mineral Magnetic Assemblages in Environmental Magnetism, Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 125(8), e2019JB019024, doi:https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JB019024.
22. Hu PX, Heslop D, Viscarra Rossel RA, Roberts AP, Zhao X (2020), Continental-scale magnetic properties of surficial Australian soils. EARTH-SCIENCE REVIEWS, 203, doi: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2019.103028
21. Harrison RJ, Zhao X, Hu PX, Sato T, Helsop D, Muxworthy A, Oda H, Kuppili V, Roberts AP (2019), Simulation of remanent, transient and induced FORC diagrams for interacting particles with uniaxial, cubic, and hexagonal anisotropy. JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH: SOLID EARTH, 124, 12404-12429
20. Roberts AP, Hu PX, Harrison RJ, Heslop D, Muxworthy AR, Oda H, Sato T, Tauxe L, Zhao X (2019), Domain state diagnosis in rock magnetism: Evaluation of potential alternatives to the Day diagram, 2019, JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH: SOLID EARTH, 124, 5286-5314
19. Jin CS, Liu QS, Liang WT, Roberts AP, Sun JM, Hu PX, Zhao XY, Su YL, Jiang ZX, Liu ZF, Duan ZQ, Yang HH, Yuan SH, Magnetostratigraphy of the Fenghuoshan Group in the Hoh Xil Basin and its tectonic implications for India-Eurasia collision and Tibetan Plateau deformation, 2018, EARTH AND PLANETARY SCIENCE LETTERS, 486, 41-53
18. Hu PX, Zhao X, Roberts AP, Heslop D and Viscarra Rossel R, Magnetic domain state diagnosis in soils, loess, and marine sediments from multiple first-order reversal curve (FORC)-type diagrams, JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH: SOLID EARTH, 2018, 123, doi:10.1002/2017JB015195
17. Shi MN, Wu HC, Roberts AP, Zhang SH, Zhao XX, Li HY, Su X, Yang TS, Chang L, Hu PX, Zhao X and Wang HQ, Tectonic, climatic, and diagenetic control of magnetic properties of sediments from Kumano Basin, Nankai margin, southwestern Japan, 2017, MARINE GEOLOGY, 391, 1-12
16. Wang XY, Lu HY, Zhang WG, Hu PX, Zhang HY, Han ZY, Wang SJ and Li BG, Rock magnetic investigation of loess deposits in the Eastern Qingling Mountains (central China) and its implications for the environment of early humans, 2016, GEOPHYSICAL JOURNAL INTERNATIONAL, 207, 889-900
15. Hu PX, Jiang ZX, Liu QS, Heslop D, Roberts AP, Torrent J and Barrón V, Estimating the concentration of aluminum-substituted hematite and goethite using diffuse reflectance spectrometry and rock magnetism: feasibility and limitations: Al-hematite/goethite quantification, 2016, JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, 121, 4180-4194.
14. Jin CS, Liu QS, Hu PX, Jiang ZX, Li CG, Han P, Yang HH and Liang WT, An integrated natural remanent magnetization acquisition model for the Matuyama-Brunhes reversal recorded by the Chinese loess, 2016, GEOCHEMISTRY GEOPHYSICS GEOSYSTERM, 17, 3150-3163.
13. Wang XY, Lu HY, Zhang WG, Hu PX, Zhang HY, Han ZY, Wang SJ and Li BG, Rock magnetic investigation of loess deposits in the Eastern Qinling Mountains (central China) and its implications for the environment of early humans, 2016, GEOPHYSICAL JOURNAL INTERNATIONAL, 207, 889-900.
12. Liu QS, Zhang CX, Torrent J, Barrón V, Hu PX, Jiang ZX and Duan ZQ, Factors controlling magnetism of reddish brown soil profiles from calcarenites in Southern Spain: Dust input or in-situ pedogenesis? 2016, FRONTIERS IN EARTH SCIENCE, 4, doi:10.3389/feart. 2016.00051.
11. Hu PX, Liu QS, Heslop D, Roberts AP and Jin CS, Soil moisture balance and magnetic enhancement in loess-paleosol sequences from the Tibetan Plateau and Chinese Loess Plateau, 2015, EARTH AND PLANETARY SCIENCE LETTERS, 409, 120-132.
10. Liu QS, Jin CS, Hu PX, Jiang ZX, Ge KP and Roberts AP, Magnetostratigraphy of Chinese loess-paleosol sequences, 2015, EARTH-SCIENCE REVIEWS, 150, 139-167.
9. Liu QS, Sun YB, Qiang XK, Tada R, Hu PX, Duan ZQ, Jiang ZX, Liu JX and Su K, Characterizing magnetic mineral assemblages of surface sediments from major Asian dust sources and implications for the Chinese loess magnetism, 2015, EARTH, PLANETS AND SPACE, 67, doi:10.1186/s40623-015-0237-8.
8. Hu PX and Liu QS, The production and transformation of magnetic minerals during pedogenesis and its paleoclimate significance, 2014, QUATERNARY SCIENCE, 34, 458-473, in Chinese with English Abstract.
7. Larrasoaña JC, Liu QS, Hu PX, Roberts AP, Mata P, Civis J, Sierro FJ and Pérez-Asensio JN, Paleomagnetic and paleoenvironmental implications of magnetofossil occurences in late Miocene marine sediments from the Guadalquivir Basin, SW Spain, 2014, FRONTIERS IN MICROBIOLOGY, 5, 106-120.
6. Jiang, ZX, Liu QS, Colombo, C, Barrón V, Torrent J and Hu PX, Quantification of Al-goethite from diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and magnetic methods, 2014, GEOPHYSICAL JOURNAL INTERNATIONAL, 196, 131-144.
5. Hu PX, Liu QS, Torrent J, Barrón V and Jin CS, Characterizing and quantifying iron oxides in Chinese loess/paleosols and its implications for pedogenesis, 2013, EARTH AND PLANETARY SCIENCE LETTERS, 369-370, 271-283.
4. Jordanova N, Jordanova D, Liu QS, Hu PX, Petrov P and Petrovský E, Soil formation and mineralogy of a Rhodic Luvisol-insights from magnetic and geochemical studies, 2013, GLOBAL AND PLANETARY CHANGE, 110, 397-413.
3. Liu ZF, Liu QS, Torrent J, Barrón V and Hu PX, Testing the magnetic proxy χFD/HIRM for quantifying paleoprecipitation in modern soil profiles from Shaanxi Province, China, 2013, GLOBAL PLANET CHANGE, 110, 368-378.
2. Su YL, Gao X, Liu QS, Hu PX, Duan ZQ, Jiang ZX, Wang JB, Zhu LP, Doberschütz S, Maüsbacher R, Daut G and Haberzettl T, Mechanism of variations in environmental magnetic proxies of lake sediments from Nam Co, Tibet during the Holocene, 2012, CHINESE SCIENCE BULLETIN, 58, 1568-1578.
1. Liu QS, Hu PX, Torrent J, Barrón V, Zhao X, Jiang Z and Su Y, Environmental magnetic study of a Xeralf chronosequence in northwestern Spain: indications for pedogenesis, 2010, PALAEOGEOGR PALAEOCL, 293, 144-156.