I am a professor of geophysics / geodynamics and I am interested in understanding the evolution of the deep Earth over geological time, how this evolution is recorded in the superficial geological record,and how to build computation modelling tools to simulate the Earth. The tools of my trade are computational programs and numerical algorithms.
I am a strong supporter of open source code so my publications will also find links to repositories where the source code is available with examples of how to reproduce peer-reviewed benchmarks and published results. Since I am also a believer in literate programming , recent examples are in the form of ipython / jupyter notebooks.
For more information about me, my work and some blog posts see http://www.moresi.info
 Knuth, Donald E. (1984). "Literate Programming". The Computer Journal (British Computer Society) 27 (2): 97-111. doi:10.1093/comjnl/27.2.97.
- Kiraly, A, Portner, D, Haynie, K et al. 2020, 'The effect of slab gaps on subduction dynamics and mantle upwelling', Tectonophysics, vol. 785, pp. -.
- Yang, H, Moresi, L & Quigley, M 2020, 'Fault spacing in continental strike-slip shear zones', Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol. 530.
- Lecocq, T, Hicks, S, Koen, V et al. 2020, 'Global Quieting of High-Frequency Seismic Noise Due to COVID-19 Pandemic Lockdown Measures', Science, vol. 369, pp. 1338-1343.
- Sandiford, D, Moresi, L, Sandiford, M et al. 2020, 'The Fingerprints of Flexure in Slab Seismicity', Tectonics, vol. 39, no. 8.
- Mulhaus, H & Moresi, L 2019, 'A Model for Trap Door Flow from a Deep Container', in Wei Wu (ed.), Desiderata Geotechnica, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, pp. 113-118.
- Mather, B, Moresi, L & Rayner, P 2019, 'Adjoint inversion of the thermal structure of Southeastern Australia', Geophysical Journal International, vol. 219, no. 3, pp. 1648-1659.
- Carluccio, R, Kaus, B, Capitanio, F et al. 2019, 'The Impact of a Very Weak and Thin Upper Asthenosphere on Subduction Motions', Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 46, no. 21, pp. 11893-11905.
- Yang, T, Moresi, L, Gurnis, M et al. 2019, 'Contrasted East Asia and South America Tectonics Driven by Deep Mantle Flow', Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol. 517, pp. 106-116.
- Sandiford, D, Moresi, L, Sandiford, M et al. 2019, 'Geometric controls on flat slab seismicity', Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol. 527, no. 0.
- Moron, S, Cawood, P, Haines, P et al. 2019, 'Long-Lived Transcontinental Sediment Transport Pathways of East Gondwana', Geology, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 513-16.
- Sandiford, D & Moresi, L 2019, 'Improving Subduction Interface Implementation in Dynamic Numerical Models', Solid Earth, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 969-85.